Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Emma Watson Wins Style Icon Trophy at Elle Style Awards

 Actress Emma Watson's daring cropped hair has helped her win the Style Icon trophy at the Elle Style Awards in London. The "Harry Potter" star was handed the top accolade at the British publication's annual event, which celebrates the most fashionable stars.

Watson, who chopped off her flowing locks after wrapping up work on the hit franchise last year, was thrilled with the prize. She says, "It feels amazing.
Fashion is something that I love. I try not to think about it too much. I try and block all that off and I just do what I love and just have fun with it. I've definitely been feeling the pressure a bit more recently but it's just fun for me."

The actress is no stranger to fashion - she has launched her own eco-friendly collection, modeled for Burberry and is one of designer Karl Lagerfeld's muses.

There were also big Elle victories for supermodel Helena Christensen, who was presented with the Outstanding Contribution to Fashion Award, while pregnant "Black Swan" star Natalie Portman was named Best Actress. Singer Cheryl Cole won the Best Music prize and designer-turned-moviemaker Tom Ford was handed the Top International Designer honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment