Friday, February 18, 2011

Rolling Stone Explains Justin Bieber Abortion Statement

 Editors at Rolling Stone magazine have clarified controversial comments Justin Bieber made in a revealing recent interview after he was quizzed about abortion. The 16-year-old pop superstar talked openly about his thoughts on abortion, sex and homosexuality in a candid chat in the new issue of the publication.

When asked where he stands on abortion he told Vanessa Grigoriadis, "It's like killing a baby." He was then asked if he believed in abortion for rape victims, and replied, "I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I guess I haven't been in that position, so I wouldn't be able to judge that."

The star came under fire for his blunt quotes, but bosses at the magazine have
admitted that part of his quote was missed out. A rep for the publication says, "Due to an editing error, this story originally included an incomplete quote from Justin Bieber."

"The full quote, his response to whether abortions should be allowed in cases of rape, reads, 'Um. Well, I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don't know how that would be a reason. I guess I haven't been in that position, so I wouldn't be able to judge that.' "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment