Sunday, February 27, 2011

Diane Kruger: 'I'm Not Cultured Enough'

Diane Kruger: 'I'm Not Cultured Enough'

Diane+Kruger in 61st Berlin Film Festival - Unknown - Photocall
Actress Diane Kruger attends the 'Unknown' (Unknown Identity) Photocall during day nine of the 61st Berlin International Film Festival at the Grand Hyatt on February 18, 2011 in Berlin, Germany. (Getty Images)


Diane Kruger has made it big in her modeling and acting career, but the 34-year-old doesn't feel like she's really learned anything about the world so far in her life. She doesn't think she's "cultured enough" and is now determined to travel and explore more in the next phase of her life.

She said: “Getting older, I realized I didn't know anything. I felt incredibly stupid. I've always been very self-righteous. I've always been like, 'I speak three different languages, I'm so accomplished.' And everyone tells me, 'You're so pretty', and then it was a big realization that I don't understand anything, that I feel like I'm not cultured enough, that I'm stupid sometimes. That's my thing in my thirties. I want to work on 'me' much more."

Diane said it was her desire to explore more of the world which prompted her to take roles such as in Special Forces, which gave her the opportunity to interview female kidnap victims in Gaza and Afghanistan to research her role as a journalist taken by the Taliban. The film was then shot in remote parts of Africa and the Himalayas.

Diane admits she was “horrible to everybody” during making the movie, but said the experience “really changed” her. She added to The Independent newspaper: "I just thought it was fascinating on a personal level. How many times have I been at home, cooking dinner and the TV news is on, and you're like, 'Ugh! Turn this off!' You take for granted that you have access to information.”
See more Diane Kruger pics next page...

Diane Kruger Los Angeles Premiere of "Unknown".Mann Village Theatre, Westwood, CA.February 16, 2011. 
Diane Kruger Diane Kruger at the Los Angeles premiere of "Unknown" held at the Regency Village Theatre, Los Angeles. She was wearing a white lace Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2011 dress. Her embellished mini dress is simply styled with a pulled back hairstyle, glossy lips and nude Brian Atwood pumps.. 
Diane Kruger Actress Diane Kruger arrives at Warner Bros. Los Angeles Premiere of "Unknown" held at Regency Village Theatre on February 16, 2011 in Westwood, California. 
Diane Kruger Diane Kruger and long-term boyfriend Joshua Jackson are centre of attention as they leave West Hollywood's Katsuya restaurant. German actress Diane was wearing a simple gold band on her left hand ring finger. 
Zimbio
Photos by Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment