Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Janet Jackson to Be Movie Producer

Pop superstar Janet Jackson is set to become a movie producer, the singer has signed a production deal to develop big screen projects. The "Nasty" hitmaker has spoken of her desire to concentrate on her acting career, but recently thrilled fans when she announced she would be hitting the road on her new "Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour" later in 2011.

However, Jackson isn't abandoning her film career, she has negotiated a contract with studio chiefs at Lionsgate to pick and produce a series of movies. She tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Many people forget I started out as an actor. I have been fortunate to work in the film industry, though not as much as I would like. I have a passion for storytelling, and have been doing it through my music for some time."

Jackson already has a longrunning relationship with bosses at Lionsgate, she has starred in the studio's Tyler Perry films "Why Did I Get Married?", "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and "For Colored Girls".

And Lionsgate president Mike Paseornek is adamant Jackson will make a success of the deal, adding, "She is a powerful onscreen presence, with a vast audience, and we believe she will be an equally powerful presence behind the scenes. We are honored to be able to provide a home for her ideas, passion and immense talent."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment