Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Carrie Ann Inaba Shares The Good And The Bad With Prevention Magazine

Carrie Ann Inaba Shares The Good And The Bad With Prevention Magazine


Dancing with the Stars‘ judge Carrie Ann Inaba is a multi-talented dancer who has worked with Madonna and Jennifer Lopez and was even a pop-star in Japan in the late 80′s. She dishes with Prevention magazine in their April issue about her healthy lifestyle, being legally blind, and her thoughts on plastic surgery.

On her workout:
“I do a one-hour workout called Drenched, a cardio-boxing fitness routine, Monday through Friday. There are usually between twenty-five and fifty people there—everyone from stay-at-home moms and professional martial artists to teenagers and seniors. They play great dance music. When I can, I take two classes back-to-back.”

Carrie Ann’s opinion on the pressure to be skinny:
“I’ve never been supercritical about my body. But I’m an overachiever/ whenever I went to an audition, I thought, I was a Fly Girl. I need to be better than they expect. That was my driving force. But maybe I pushed a little too hard instead of feeling proud of who I am.”


On her eating habits:
“I’m lucky. I love fresh fruit and vegetables. I’m not a strict dieter. I don’t think that anything in life should be so regimented that you’re not having fun or can’t enjoy like everybody else. Just know that fresh food is always going to be better for you.”

Her guilty pleasure foods:
“Nachos with cheese. During that first couple of years of Dancing with the Stars, I would go to Jack in the Box in my ball gown after the shows and get the Taco Nachos with cheese as my reward.”


Would she consider plastic surgery:
“No. Part of a person’s beauty is her imperfections. I have this firm belief that I am who I am for a reason.”

On her spinal stenosis:
“I think that the initial injury happened when I was eight. I was taking gymnastics and did a front handspring off the balance beam, landing on my head. But my doctor said stenosis usually develops in the dancers and football players because they often whip their heads around. At one point I was in so much pain, I couldn’t even move my neck.”


imnotobsessed
Photo courtesy of Prevention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment