Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Demi Lovato Opens Up About Rehab Treatment to Fans

 Demi Lovato has broken her silence about the personal problems which forced her to seek treatment in rehab, calling the last few months the "darkest time" of her life and revealing she "wouldn't be here today" without the support of her fans. The Disney singer/actress shocked the showbiz world by quitting her tour with the Jonas Brothers back in October 2010 and checking into a treatment center to address "emotional and physical issues".

It subsequently emerged one of her backing dancers, Alex Welch, had accused the star of lashing out at her in an altercation on a plane. A legal dispute with Welch was settled in December 2010. Lovato left rehab in January but was spotted seeking further counseling by attending a meeting at the New Journey Eating Disorder Center in California.

The 18 year old has not spoken publicly for the last few months, but she's now reached out to fans to address her demons. In a video message posted on her Facebook.com page, she says, "I wanted to let you know that I am back and home... I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the support you guys have given me along the way... Your support is what got me through this...The journey that I've been on has been very difficult over the past few months. I was dealing with issues that I know not only girls just my age but of all ages are dealing with."

She adds, "I can't tell you how much light you guys brought into my life in probably the darkest time of my life. Without you guys, I wouldn't be here today."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment