Monday, April 11, 2011

Demi Lovato Has Revealed She Was in Rehab for an Eating Disorder

Demi Lovato very quietly entered and exited an undisclosed Chicago rehab and has since remained very mum about her stay in the center, only citing "personal and emotional" reasons. The 18-year-old Disney star has now opened up to Seventeenabout her battle with an eating disorder, which she calls a "life-long disease."

“I wish I could tell every young girl with an eating disorder, or who has harmed herself in any way, that she’s worthy of life and that her life has meaning. You can overcome and get through anything," she said. 

The newly healed actress feels stronger after leaving the center in January, but knows she will battle the disease for a lifetime and is ready to face the challenge. 

“Yes, there have been times when I definitely have been tempted to get rid of my dinner. But I will deal with it for the rest of my life because it’s a life-long disease. I don’t think there’s going to be a day when I don’t think about food or my body, but I’m living with it, and I wish I could tell young girls to find their safe place and stay with it," she said. 

Kudos to the star for publicly dealing with -- and helping provide valuable insight about -- such a private, isolated disorder that is often harbored inside. Demi encouraged any young people dealing with similar issues to avoid inflicting "harm on your own body because your body is so sacred" by seeking solace from family and friends rather than keeping it within.

Demi herself is working on her own happiness, which she is pursuing by dismissing others' insecurities, emotions or opinions. That's one hell of a pursuit of happiness if we've ever heard of one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment