Friday, April 8, 2011

Rihanna Forgives Her Abusive Father

 R&B star Rihanna has forgiven her father for his abusive, drunken ways - because she understands he came from a terrible background. The "Umbrella" singer and her dad Ronald Fenty have a fractured relationship because she still remembers walking in on him smoking crack and all the abusive incidents between her parents when he would come home drunk.

But the Bajan beauty would still do anything for her father - because she accepts he's just a product of his own violent upbringing. She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I actually feel really bad for my father. He was abused too - he got beat up by his step-dad when he was young."

"He has resentment toward women, because he felt like his mum never protected him, and unfortunately, my mother was the victim of that. I'm not giving him excuses. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I still blame him. But I understand the source."

In the interview, Rihanna, who was badly beaten by then-boyfriend Chris Brown in 2009, recalls one savage attack at the hands of her father: "He slapped me so hard (and) I ran home with his hand print on me... This was out of nowhere."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment