Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lady GaGa's Mary Magdalene Role Is Irrelevant, Catholic League Says

 Catholic league has reacted to recent news that Lady GaGa would play Mary Magdalene in her upcoming "Judas" music video. Talking to Hollywood Life, Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, said, "This is a stunt."

He added, "I find GaGa to be increasingly irrelevant. She thinks she is going to be groundbreaking. She is trying to ripoff Christian idolatry to shore up her talentless, mundane and boring performances. Another ex-Catholic whose head is turned around."

"She is falling short. She wants to shock, does she actually believe her own BS?" Bill went on. "People have real talent, and then there is Lady GaGa. Is this the only way to jet up her performance? This isn't random, we are getting closer to Holy Week and Easter."

GaGa herself hasn't commented on that matter, but earlier this week in her "Gagavision No. 41" video message, she is seen confronting a fundamentalist male protester outside her concert. On her way to the concert venue, she stopped her car in front of the male, rolled down her window, and said, "Hi, I'm Lady GaGa."

When the man answered her coldly with "So?", she quickly countered him back, "I was thinking to myself, you obviously do care a little because you chose my concert." He then handed her a "Get out of hell free" card and added, "That's going to happen one day darling." Shrugging it off, she responded, "Well they better open up the gate."

Later, GaGa admitted that she felt disturbed by the encounter, saying "What I'm trying to understand is, there's 3000 people standing in my line, and nobody standing in your line. Who's goin' to hell?" She moreover said, "It just makes me sad that my fans have to see that. But I know it's just part of what I'm supposed to do."

Lifted from GaGa's May 23 studio release "Born This Way", "Judas" will be released on April 19. Its accompanying music video is expected to follow soon. Playing opposite GaGa in the video will be "Hawaii Five-0" actor Norman Reedus who is hired to tackle the role as Judas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment