Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nicole Scherzinger Isn't 'In Touch' with Former Pussycat Doll Bandmates

Nicole Scherzinger had a lot of fun with the Pussycat Dolls -- while the band lasted. Now that the PCD are no more, she's having a blast with her solo career. 

The 32-year-old singer, who starred in the band with Ashley Roberts, Melody Thornton, Kimberley Wyatt and Jessica Sutta before leaving in 2010, feels “empowered” to have left the group and insists she feels “happy” for all her former bandmates.

She said: “A few of the girls left the group and I was like, ‘Am I the only Doll standing here?!’
“We’re not in touch. We’re all busy, and I’m happy for everyone. Once all the girls went off, I thought it was the perfect opportunity for me to go and to my music and what I love. It’s been liberating and amazing. It’s empowering to come into your own in that way.”

Nicole also confirmed the majority of her shelved debut solo album, which was initially intended for release in 2007, ended up on a Pussycat Dolls LP. She told Attitude magazine: “There just wasn’t the right timing before, but I was fortunate enough to be able to put a lot of those tracks on the next PCD album.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment