With director Jason Winer’s (Modern Family) Arthur opening this weekend, I was able to interview the cast as a reporter for our partners at Omelete. As most of you know, the film is a remake of the 1981 Dudley Moore comedy and stars Russell Brand as a wealthy playboy who risks losing his inheritance when he falls for a woman (Greta Gerwig) that his family doesn’t approve of. The movie also stars Helen Mirren, Jennifer Garner, Luis Guzman and Nick Nolte. For more on the film, click here for seven clips and the full synopsis.
Since I interviewed Brand for Hop less than a week before this interview, I wanted to have some fun with my questions. Thankfully, Brand is the type of person that whatever you ask, he’ll have a clever response. We talked about how he sees me more than his mom, what’s his karaoke song (he has a great answer), what’s the future of Infant Sorrow (his band in Get Him to the Greek), since he was an executive producer was the main star difficult to work with, and did he really make Arthur just to be tucked into bed by Helen Mirren. Hit the jump to watch.
- He tells me that he sees me more than his mom
- What’s his karaoke song. He has a great answer
- What’s the future of Infant Sorrow
- When playing a billionaire you can do and show anything, how did they decide what to do.
- Did he make this movie just so he could be tucked into bed by Helen Mirren