Monday, April 4, 2011

James Franco Deletes Twitter Account

 Actor James Franco was forced to shut down his Twitter page after upsetting corporate sponsors with his online messages. The "127 Hours" star joined the social networking site earlier in 2011 and attracted plenty of attention with his Tweets, which included a swipe at Oscars writer Bruce Vilanch after he criticized Franco's Academy Awards hosting turn.

But the actor has now deleted his account after revealing not everyone enjoyed reading his blog. He tells Politico, "Social media is over... My thought was 'This is my Twitter. I can do whatever I want.' But certain companies I work with contacted me about what I was saying."

And Franco admits taking a break from cyberspace may boost his creativity, adding, "If you want to write, make the time. We all have an hour or two a day that can be used for surfing Facebook or writing. No one is going to beg any new writer to write."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment