Friday, April 1, 2011

Leonard Nimoy Joins 'Transformers 3' to Voice Sentinel Prime

 Leonard Nimoy has been cast in the new "Transformers" movie. He'll provide a voice for robot warrior Sentinel Prime in the sequel, "Transformers: Dark of the Moon".

Prime, the predecessor of Optimus Prime, is found crash-landed on the moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts in 1969. After being brought to earth, he takes the disguise form of a fire engine and takes part in the film's climactic battle scenes, according to EW.com.

Nimoy, who is related to director Michael Bay through marriage, is no stranger to the "Transformers" franchise - his was the voice of Galvatron in 1986's "The Transformers: The Movie".

Bay admits he wanted Nimoy, who turned 80 last weekend, March 26, for the second "Transformers" film, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", but feared he couldn't pay him enough. He tells the publication, "I was too scared to ask him. Plus, he's married to Susan Bay, who's a cousin of mine. So I had to be careful. I've met him at family functions. But he told me, 'I would be honored. I'm glad to be back.' "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment