Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Taylor Swift: Getting Homesick on Tour Is 'Not an Option'

Taylor Swift spends a whole lot of her time on the road and has been able to see a whole lot of the world in her 21 years. She's eaten waffles in Belgium, seen castles in Germany, and that's just the beginning.


The country cutie said about her travels: “I've made it a point, and my band, we've all made it a point to remember everywhere we are. It's really easy when you're on tour to only see the insides of arenas and to try to catch up on as much sleep as you can. That's really easy to get into that habit but we try to make ourselves go out in every single place where we are and I'm really glad that we've done that.
"I really love to go out an experience where we are, I mean we started off the tour in Belgium so we all had to have waffles, and we have day trips on our days off. There's a castle in Germany that I'd always wanted to go see called the Schwanstein so my whole band and I took this day trip and went and had a look at this castle. It was so fun. When you're on tour you can make it a life experience too, it doesn't have to be work, you don't have to look at it like that.”
The 21-year-old singer is currently on tour and will stop in Singapore, Japan, Italy, Spain and the UK, among others.
All the travel does have its drawbacks, though -- it's easy to get homesick when you're away for months at a time.
In an interview with British station Radio 1, she said: “I do get homesick from time-to-time, but it's really a mind over matter thing, you only let yourself get homesick, like, less than a week until you get home. You can't get homesick, like, two days into the trip, that's just not an option.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment